European Research Council
The European Research Council supports non-incremental frontier research and pioneering ideas in new and emerging fields, which introduce unconventional and innovative approaches. Applications can be made in any field of research and the sole selection criterion is scientific excellence. Projects should be carried out by a team lead by a single PI and carried out in one of the EU member states or associated countries.
type of grantS available
ERC Starting Grant for young, early-career researchers (2-7 years after PhD)
- up to € 1.5 million for 5 years (+ up to € 1 million for specific costs).
ERC Consolidator Grant for already independent researchers (7-12 years after PhD)
- up to € 2 million for 5 years (+ up to € 1 million for specific costs).
ERC Advanced Grant for senior research leaders with significant research achievements in the last 10 years
- up to € 2.5 million for 5 years (+ up to € 1 million for specific costs).
ERC Proof of concept for ERC grant holders who want to check the market and/or innovation potential of research results from ERC-projects
- lump sum of € 150,000 euro for 18 months.
ERC Synergy Grant to address ambitious research questions that can only be answered by the coordinated work of a small group of 2-4 principal investigators
- up to € 10 million for 6 years (+ up to € 4 million for specific costs).
I now apply my knowledge by offering personalized and comprehensive assistance with ERC Grant preparation, both in the form of proposal review and editing for individual researchers, as well as preparatory workshops for groups. More info on currently available services is available below.